“Thus came the lovely spring with a rush of blossoms and music, Flooding the earth with flowers, and the air with melodies vernal.” — Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
Ah, Spring… the beautiful time of year when everything comes back to life, when flowers begin blooming and trees start sprouting new leaves. It’s the time of year for singing in the rain, dancing in puddles, and catching raindrops on your tongue. It’s the time of year that makes you want to run around outside and soak up the sunshine after being cooped inside all winter. It’s the time of year that just begs you to roll the windows down in your car, turn the stereo up, and sing at the top of your lungs.
So if a little carpool karaoke sounds like fun today, we think our 16 Songs About Spring might be the perfect place to start. We hope they put a little extra “spring” in your step today!
1) Spring Rain – Pat Boone (1960)
4) Spring in Manhattan – Tony Bennett (1964)
7) Up Jumped Spring – Freddie Hubbard (1967)
8) Younger Than Springtime – Frank Sinatra (1967)
9) Lullaby of the Spring – Donovan (1967)
10) Late Winter, Early Spring – John Denver (1972)
11) Here Comes the Spring – Tony Orlando & Dawn (1974)
12) Spring Affair – Donna Summer (1976)
15) See You in The Spring – Court Yard Hounds (2010)
16) A Father’s First Spring – The Avett Brothers (2012)
At the The Nostalgia Diaries, our goal is to help you simplify, enhance, and engage your lives by focusing on the most important things: remembering, appreciating, believing, and becoming. It’s all about celebrating the past to create better days today.