Want your life to be simpler? Happier? More fulfilling? According to research, nostalgia has many benefits, from reducing stress to creating optimism for the future to feeling closer to others.
We collected 20 of our favorite nostalgia quotes to help you celebrate your past and remember who you are and where you came from. Here’s the first 10. Check back next Friday to savor the rest of these soul-stirring passages!
1) “There is something incredibly nostalgic and significant about the annual cascade of autumn leaves.” – Joe L. Wheeler
2) “People leave traces of themselves where they feel most comfortable, most worthwhile.” – Haruki Murakami
3) “Remembrance restores possibility to the past.” – Giorgio Amgamben
4) “Advice is a form of nostalgia.” – Mary Schmich
5) “One is always at home in one’s past.” – Vladimir Nabakov
6) “Nostalgia is simply the result of aging and liking the life you’ve lived. Be happy you can feel it – it’s a good sign.” – Anthony Marais
7) “What it is is the memory of a dance… a song you heard long ago… to hear it is to be young again.” – Julio Alexi Genao
8) “A single word can make you think of over a thousand pictures in your mind, over a thousand moments, a thousand memories.” – Rebecca McNutt
9) “I’m nostalgic for a better tomorrow.” – Brian Spellman
10) “I am filled time and again with a heart-aching wonder.” – Sanober Khan