“Everyone jump upon the Peace Train,
Come on, come on, come on…” – Cat Stevens
April is all about peace and acceptance and over here at The Nostalgia Diaries (and Corey’s Everyday Nostalgia post yesterday told you about her journey to make peace with where she is in her life, and a week ago she wrote about finding peace in being enough). So today we decided that we should put together a Music Monday post of artists who have crafted songs about harmony, tranquility, happiness, and love. In a word:
It does seem fitting to share these songs now, what with the Easter season upon us. (And of course, peace is one of the central themes of the holiday). So come on! Jump on the peace train this week and check out our peaceful playlist sure to bring some sweet harmony and happiness to your day. And let us know in the comments if we missed any of your nostalgic favorites
Peace out, friends.
1) People Got to Be Free – The Rascals (1968)
3) Peace Train – Cat Stevens (1971)
4) Imagine – John Lennon (1971)
5) We Got to Have Peace – Curtis Mayfield (1971)
6) Peaceful Easy Feeling – The Eagles (1972)
8) War – Frankie Goes to Hollywood (1984)
9) Peaceful World – John Mellencamp (2001)
10) One Day – Matisyahu (2009)
11) Peace – O.A.R. (2014)
At the The Nostalgia Diaries, our goal is to help you simplify, enhance, and engage your lives by focusing on the most important things: remembering, appreciating, believing, and becoming. It’s all about celebrating the past to create better days today.