Think of some of your favorite childhood treats, the ones that induce all sorts of food nostalgia. Do they involve peanut butter and chocolate? What about marshmallows and graham crackers? Oh, and how about the quintessential childhood treat: Ice cream? If so, then we think you’ll go crazy for this Easy No-Churn Peanut Butter Chocolate S’Mores Ice Cream.
You can mix up this Easy No-Churn Ice Cream with only 3 ingredients (no ice cream maker necessary!), forgo any mix-ins, slide it in the freezer, and spoon up some delicious vanilla ice cream in a matter of hours, but why stop there? My daughter and I had fun mixing in some of our favorite sweet treats to come up with this perfect summer-inspired flavor, Peanut Butter Chocolate S’Mores Ice Cream. Hints of this classic, summer campfire treat are swirled throughout a rich, creamy vanilla base along with decadent ribbons of peanut butter and chocolate sauce.
To be perfectly honest, waiting 6 hours to eat this ice cream was the hardest part of the whole process. But with one bite—one that tasted like childhood nostalgia on a spoon—we realized it was totally worth the wait.
It’s the perfect, cool treat for a hot, summer day, but it’s so delicious, we actually think this Easy No-Churn Peanut Butter Chocolate S’Mores Ice Cream should be eaten every day—it is some seriously good stuff. (At the very least, stir some of this—or your own creation—up for National Ice Cream Day, which is just around the corner on Sunday, July 16.)
Easy No-Churn Peanut Butter Chocolate S’Mores Ice Cream
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 6 squares (3 sheets) of chocolate graham crackers, crushed (*You can also use regular graham crackers)
- 1/2 cup marshmallows
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup chocolate sauce
- 1/4 cup melted peanut butter
- In a large bowl, use a hand mixer or a stand mixer to whip the cream until stiff peaks occur. (Be careful not to over whip. The cream will be done when you pull the beaters out, and it stands at attention.)
- Whisk vanilla into the sweetened condensed milk in a smaller bowl, and then gently fold into the whipped cream with a spatula. This will slowly incorporate the two mixtures so the base stays light and aerated.
- Fold in graham crackers, marshmallows, and chocolate chips into the cream mixture.* Once combined, drizzle with peanut butter and chocolate sauce and gently stir again.
- Transfer the mixture to a container that holds at least 6 cups. (A loaf pan or plastic container with a lid works well.)
- For an even prettier final presentation, top mixture with extra toppings. We did this and highly suggest it—that way, every scoop has a little bit of something extra in it!
- Freeze for at least six hours. Keep in mind that the mixture will take longer to freeze if you’ve placed it in a plastic container.
- Eat & enjoy!
*One of the best parts about this recipe is its versatility! Make the easy base and then fold in some of your favorite nostalgic sweet treats, and you’re sure to have a delicious bowl (or cone!) of bliss. (Think Oreos, M&M’s, Reese’s peanut butter cups, chocolate chip cookies, or brownies—or if you’re in the mood for a different kind of sweet, throw in some of your favorite fruit. The possibilities really are endless!)
Talk to Us! Have you ever made homemade ice cream? What flavor would you create?
At The Nostalgia Diaries, our goal is to help you simplify, enhance, and engage your lives by focusing on the most important things: remembering, appreciating, believing, and becoming. It’s all about celebrating the past to create better days today.