For today’s Throwback Thursday, we’re looking all the way back to the month of April 2017.
Yeah, yeah, yeah… we know what you’re thinking: “Um, hey guys, in case you haven’t noticed, April 2017 is this month. That’s not that long ago!”
And if you’re thinking that, you’re right. But hey, whoever said ‘throwback’ meant a long time ago? Even Merriam and Webster confirmed for us that throwback means just an earlier time.
When you’re working hard to grow a blog, it means that you spend a lot of time on the internet — and, as you may know, when you spend a lot of time online, you’re bound to come across, well… just about everything! It just doesn’t seem fair to keep awesome stuff to ourselves, so we decided we needed to share the love! Starting today, you can expect every last Thursday of every month to feature some of the awesome (and pretty nostalgic) things we’ve discovered over the past month.
So without further ado, here’s our round-up of the things we loved this month.
We’re Loving These Things Online
1) Pretty Nostalgic… Because this site is both pretty AND nostalgic– the perfect combination!
2) The Forgotten Uses of 8 Everyday Objects… Because everyone needs a place to put their pocket watch and driving gloves, right?
3) New Beginnings, A Sunrise Photo Essay… Because who doesn’t have a memory of watching a beautiful sunrise?
4) Celebrating Ramona Quimby’s enduring appeal… Because you really should celebrate if you’re turning 101 (especially if you’re Beverly Cleary, the author who created one of the most beloved children’s characters of all-time)!
6) Psychologists Explain The Benefits Of Baking For Other People… Because few things evoke more nostalgia than the smell of freshly baked goods.
7) The Seductive Nostalgia of the Picnic… Because picnic baskets are cool.
We’re Loving This Facebook Page
8) The Dad Lab… Because who doesn’t love a good science experiment?
The Dad Lab is an awesome Facebook page that reviews educational toys and features easy-to-do crafts, fun kids activities, and kids science experiments that any parent can do at home. Sergei is the full-time dad behind the page (there’s a blog and YouTube channel as well), and he loves teaching his two sons, Alex and Max, all about the wonder of learning through discovery.
We’re Loving This Instagram Account
Okay, so we’ve been following Bobb Howard’s General Store Instagram account since the very beginning of our blogging days, but it’s time we showed this awesome place some love. Based in New York, this nostalgic candy and toy store has over 1,000 retro items, and their sweet feed has plenty of treats and toys to satisfy your virtual sweet tooth. Check it out for some real eye candy!
We’re Loving This Blog…
10) The Domestic Musician… Because music is awesome!
After we read the first paragraph of this post last week over at The Domestic Musician, we were immediately transported back to the school days of long ago. All of a sudden we were back in Social Studies class, learning the names of the states and the names of all the Presidents, and singing songs to try to remember them all.
It’s no surprise that we’re big fans of the blog and of the woman behind it: Jessica did a Music Monday post for us a few months back where she gave us 3 songs that took her back to her teenage years. Being the music fans that we are over here at The Nostalgia Diaries, we love her mission of making music education accessible to children of all ages.
Talk to Us! Did we happen miss anything wonderful along the way? Share with us in the comments if you came across something we need to know about!
At the The Nostalgia Diaries, our goal is to help you simplify, enhance, and engage your lives by focusing on the most important things: remembering, appreciating, believing, and becoming. It’s all about celebrating the past to create better days today.