After yesterday’s Everyday Nostalgia blog post about hygge over here at the Nostalgia Diaries, we thought it would only be fitting if we followed up with a hygge-inspired Music Monday playlist.
After all, given our love of music, we think curling up and listening to good music has the ability to create some of the same warm, fuzzy feelings that hygge is known for.
We’ll admit it: There are so many songs that give us the feels that it was hard to pare down our choices to a manageable list. But ultimately, our final selections were driven by the nostalgic intimacy these songs evoke and how they sound like they could be played on a record player that’s sitting in the corner of your living room as you join together with family and friends–or even enjoy some quiet time to yourself–connecting and talking and slowing down (preferably with lots of candles and a roaring fireplace).
So grab a cup of tea or coffee, wrap up in your favorite blanket, and settle in to enjoy these 15 hygge-inspired songs sure to warm you up. And after you listen, let us know in the comments: what songs would you choose for your hygge playlist?
1) Crystal Palace – Oystein Sevag (1993)
2) Fields of Gold – Eva Cassidy (1996)
4) St. Stephen’s Green – W.G. Walden (1998)
5) Delicate – Damien Rice (2002)
6) Home – Michael Buble (2005)
7) Flume – Bon Iver (2007)
8) Behind Your Eyes – Jon Foreman (2008)
9) Let it Be Me – Ray Lamontagne (2008)
10) Last Kiss – Christophe Beck (2009)
11) I Do – Susie Suh (2010)
12) Bloom – The Paper Kites (2011)
13) Beautiful Girl – William Fitzsimmons (2011)
14) Second Chances – Gregory Alan Isakov (2013)
15) Let’s Be Still – The Head and the Heart (2013)
At the Nostalgia Diaries, our goal is to help you simplify, enhance, and engage your lives by focusing on the most important things: remembering, appreciating, believing, and becoming. It’s all about celebrating the past to create better days today.