As we near Valentine’s Day, we are reminded that love is all around. But remember, you can’t hurry love. Because love takes time. And when a man loves a woman, one question always comes up: “How deep is your love?” Hopefully, the answer is not, “what’s love got to do with it?”
Most people can’t help falling in love. That’s because love is a many splendored thing. So remember, if you want my love, you’ve got it. ‘Cause this crazy little thing called love? Well, this love will keep us together…
On this Music Monday, it would be easy to cobble together a list of celebrated love songs to stir your nostalgic hearts for Valentine Tuesday…but we’re not going to do that.
Today we’ve assembled a list of 15 love songs that you may have missed the first time around. These are wallflower love songs. The love songs that didn’t get asked to the prom. The songs that stayed home Saturday nights. Sure, you may have seen them wandering the school halls or hanging out in the mall or driving down the strip; maybe you even recognize them and thought for a minute they were pretty cool, but you probably didn’t give these songs a second look.
Well friends, it’s time to give them a second look. We think you’ll fall in love with some of these gems.
1) Need Her Love- Electric Light Orchestra (1979)
2) Lady Starlight – Scorpions (1980)
3) Always Be Mine – Aldo Nova (1981)
4) Don’t Make Me Wait – Sammy Hagar (1984)
6) 10,000 Miles – Mary Chapin Carpenter (1996)
7) Feels Like Home – Chantal Kreviazuk (1999)
9) The Luckiest – Ben Folds (2001)
10) Shelter – Ray LaMontagne (2002)
11) Lovelier Than You – B.o.B. (2010)
12) If Only I – Jon McLaughlin (2012)
13) Bruises – Train ft. Ashley Monroe (2012)
14) When I’m with You – Ben Rector (2013)
15) Unavoidable – Neon Trees (2014)