In yesterday’s Everyday Nostalgia post, we offered up ways to create a home filled with warmth. One suggestion: surround yourself with those things that give you comfort. In our nostalgic little world here at The Nostalgia Diaries, listening to music is one of those soul-affirming experiences that provides happiness, comfort, calm, and warmth. And this is especially true when we find ourselves searching out music that creates visions of sun, surf, sand, and summer in the midst of these cold, angry February days.
So find a sunny spot in your home, pour yourself a hot cup of tea, or coffee, or cocoa (or if you want to pretend you are on the beach, break out a Corona), and settle in with these 17 tunes that will surely help ease your winter woes.
1) Summertime Blues – Eddie Cochran (1958)
3) A Summer Song – Chad & Jeremy (1964)
4) Sunny Afternoon – The Kinks (1966)
6) In the Summertime – Mungo Jerry (1970)
7) Summer – War (1976)
9) Cruel Summer – Bananarama (1983)
10) Walking On Sunshine – Katrina & The Waves (1983)
11) Summer of 69 – Bryan Adams (1985)
12) Summer Nights – Van Halen (1986)
13) Endless Summer Nights – Richard Marx (1988)
15) Summertime – The Sundays (1997)
16) Summer Girls – LFO (1999)
17) Sunshine & Summertime – Faith Hill (2005)
Got some tunes of your own that keep you warm? Share them with us!